As I have dug deep in my heart to see why I so often doubt God and why it is so hard for me to “just have faith,” I see a deep misunderstanding of the character of God within me. Below you will find a smattering of scriptures which I have paraphrased and summed up that we can all confess when we find that we doubt, so that we can all remember just how good our God is. Please keep in mind that this list is by no means a comprehensive one, so I am open to suggestions on any other Biblical additions I can make.
God the Father;
(Psalm 68:5-6 NLT)
* is Father to the fatherless
* is the defender of widows
* sets the lonely in families
* sets prisoners free and gives them joy
(Isaiah 6:1-4 NKJV)
* is the pinnacle of holiness
(Hebrews 12:28-29 NLT)
* is a consuming fire so let us worship Him with holy fear and awe
* gives us an indestructible kingdom
(I John 4:16-19)
* loves us first, so now we can love each other
* is love, and all who live in love live in Him and He lives in them.
(Matthew 5:46-48 NLT)
* loves perfectly.
(Deuteronomy 7:6-10 NKJV)
* set His love on us not because of anything we have done, but because He loves us and because He would keep the promises He made to our ancestors.
* keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments.
(Romans 5:8 NKJV)
* demonstrates His love for us in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us.
(I Kings 19:11-12 NKJV)
* speaks with a still small voice though so many other things may demand our attention.
(Hebrews 11:6 NKJV)
* exists and He rewards those who diligently seek Him.
* is pleased when we trust Him.
(Matthew 6:26-33 NKJV)
* does not want us to worry about if we will have food to eat today because He considers us more valuable than the birds that He feeds every day.
* does not want us to worry about if we will have clothes to wear because He already takes care of clothing the grass of the field, which today is and tomorrow is thrown into the oven.
* knows everything we need and promises that if we seek His kingdom and righteousness first, He will provide all we need.
(Hebrews 12:1-11 NKJV)
* disciplines us so we can partake in His holiness because He loves us as His children.
(John 3:16-17 NKJV)
* so loved the world that He sent His Son to save the world through Him
(Revelation 21:5-7 NLT)
* speaks what is trustworthy and true.
* is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.
(Galatians 2:20 NKJV)
* loved us and gave His life for us, and we can live in the flesh now by trusting in Him who lives in us.
(Matthew 25:34-40 NLT)
* is served when we serve others.
(Hebrews 13:8 NLT)
* is the same yesterday, today and forever.
(Hebrews 12:1-11 NKJV)
* was filled with joy at the thought of reconciling us to Himself by washing away our sin and guilt through the cross.
(Revelation 5:8-14 NKJV)
* is worthy to receive blessing, honor, glory, power, riches, strength and eternal worship.
(Matthew 1:23, NKJV)
* is Emmanuel, God with us.
(Matthew 1:1, Mark 15:32)
* is the promised Messiah, the Savior-King of Israel
* is the King of kings and Lord of lords